Key Features of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Series
In the ever-evolving world of smartphones, Samsung became quite a trailblazer and pushed the boundaries of innovation when it launched its Galaxy Fold smartphone series. The smartphones here, which were eventually given the brand name Galaxy Z Fold, feature a unique book-like foldable design. Up until now, Samsung has launched 5 smartphones in the series, each version equipped with improvements in design and functionality. Here is everything to know about these smartphone series:
The following are some of the key features of the smartphones from the Galaxy Z Fold series:
1. Foldable design
The design is what sets the Galaxy Z Fold series apart. The phones feature a unique book-like inner foldable design, which allows the user to switch between a compact phone and a spacious tablet with ease. Unlike the Z Flip phones that fold and unfold on a horizontal axis, the Galaxy Z Fold phones have a vertical axis. Although the brand faced certain challenges with the first phone launched in the series, due to this unique design, it immediately bounced back with an improved version that became successful.
2. Dual display
The dual display design of the Galaxy Z Fold phones is another desirable feature for buyers. The phones come with an exterior screen that serves as a conventional smartphone display when the device is folded. This gives users a regular, compact, and portable phone for more everyday use. But, upon unfolding, users get access to the device’s larger, tablet-sized interior display. While the exterior compact display is better for on-the-go use, the larger display offers a superior experience for tasks like gaming and watching shows or movies. The first Galaxy Fold phone featured a rather compact and cramped exterior display. However, Samsung addressed this issue with the newer models by offering a wider, edge-to-edge exterior display.
3. Samsung DeX integration
Samsung DeX is the brand’s exclusive feature that allows its smartphones and tablets to be used like a desktop by connecting to an external device (like a monitor). This feature is integrated into the later models of Galaxy Z Fold, including the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and the Galaxy Z Fold 5. Samsung DeX enhances the user experience by providing access to phone apps on a PC.
4. Seamless multitasking
One of the most user-friendly features of the Galaxy Z Fold phones is that they make multitasking seamless. Users can make the most of their Z Fold phones’ multi-window feature with the split screen option to run multiple applications simultaneously. This is especially advantageous for users who often juggle between two apps.
Top models to consider
Two of the latest models in the series are the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and the Galaxy Z Fold 5. Here is a look at what one can expect from each phone:
Galaxy Z Fold 4: The Fold 4 is available at a starting price of around $1,000. Here are some of its key features:
– It has a 4,400 mAh battery.
– It is equipped with a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, capable of running at speeds of up to 3.2GHz.
– The camera setup of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 consists of a rear camera system with a 50MP wide lens, a 12MP ultra-wide lens, and a 10MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom and 30X space zoom capabilities. Additionally, the front camera system features a 4MP under-display camera (UDC) and a 10MP camera.
– In terms of display, the phone has a 7.6-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex Display with a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate when unfolded. When folded, it features a 6.2-inch HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O Display with the same 120Hz adaptive refresh rate.
Galaxy Z Fold 5: The Fold 5 is available at a starting price of $1,920. Some of its noteworthy features are:
– This phone also comes with a 4,400 mAh battery.
– It is equipped with a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor.
– Just like its predecessor, this phone has a rear camera system with a 50MP wide lens, a 12MP ultra-wide lens, and a 10MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom and 30X space zoom capabilities. Its front camera system features a 10MP cover screen camera and a 4MP under-display camera (UDC).
– In terms of display, the Fold 5 also has a 7.6-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex Display with a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate when unfolded. Here, the display has a resolution of 374 pixels per inch (PPI) and a peak outdoor brightness of 1,750 nits. In the folded mode, it offers a 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O Display with HD+ resolution, with the same 120Hz adaptive refresh rate. In this mode, it offers a resolution of 402 PPI and a peak outdoor brightness of 1,750 nits.
7 Ways to Reduce Data Plan Usage and Avoid Overage Charges
At some point in their lives, everyone has turned off the Wi-Fi on their smartphones…